Engineering <> Teaching <> Design <> Mentoring <> Fabrication <> Coding <> CAD
CURRICULUM DESIGN AND LESSON WRITING
- Experienced in the creation of curricula in mechanical and electronic design, computer science, and renewable energy. These have been implemented in both formal and informal/after school programs, over a broad spectrum of ages, ranging from elementary to university-level programs.
- Mechanical Engineering Design: Experienced in all phases of new product development from requirement specifications to concept generation to prototype fabrication to creating technical drawings for manufacturing.
- Fabrication: Skilled in use of manual and power shop tools. Skilled at setting up and maintaining a classroom or home shop with tools and materials appropriate for prototyping simple electronic and mechanical devices.
- Digital Fabrication: Skilled at the design of parts for fabrication on 3D printer, laser cutters, and vinyl cutters, and use of these machines
- Electronics: Skilled at circuit design and construction using a variety of electronic components
- Computer Programming: Skilled in many languages with a variety of interfaces and applications. The ones I am currently using/teaching include: C, Python, Snap!/Scratch, StarLogoTNG, AppInventor.
- CAD software: Significant experience with Solidworks, ProEngineer, and AutoCAD.
- Sailing - Rated to sail all boats at Community Boating, Inc, Boston, MA.
- Figure Skating - MIT Figure Skating Club. Passed US Figure Skating Adult Gold free-skating test and now compete at this level. Volunteer teacher in Cambridge Youth Hockey Learn-to-Skate program.